What is the secret to a long-lasting relationship? Let’s break it down.⬇
Think back to the beginning of when you both started dating…
- Were there butterflies in your stomach every time you thought of them?
- Did it seem like you could talk about anything with this person?
- Were Date Nights more fun and spontaneous?
These things you could still have if the COMMUNICATION was there between the two of you.
Some couples I see or speak with nowadays, expect the world out of their partner. Did you do that B.S. in the beginning? I highly doubt it as you most likely wanted to impress the guy/gal and were curious at that time. ❤
It’s never too late. Today is a brand new day with new opportunities to grow closer, whether you are dating, engaged, or married.
Here are a few things I picked up on over the course of my 7 1/2 year relationship:
- Focus towards one-on-one conversation. It’s fun learning + growing individually and bring new ideas/dreams/topics to the dinner table. 💑
- Date Nights should be a MUST. Continue to date and court your significant other to see your relationship bloom.🌹You could even set a specific night during the week as “date night” and realize it’s a day that you feel giddy about.
- Express gratitude. A simple “thank you for making dinner” or “I appreciate what you do for our family” can go a long way. It’s like putting gasoline on a fire and re-kindling the bond you both share.🔥💕
After putting God first, this relationship should be something you both cherish to the depths of your soul. Enjoy the little moments together and look forward to what lies ahead. The best is yet to come. ✨