What’s ONE thing that has remained consistent in my life from childhood to now? …
We’ve always had cats. They have become a part of who I am as a person and fortunately, I fell in love with a guy who had a similar fondness for them. 😍 Not too long before we moved in together, Isaac and I rescued Sterling from our local humane society at 2 months old. He fit right at home into our tiny apartment and was filled with wonder.
*6 months passed*
After many conversations surrounding the topic of growing our family by one more, we decided to gather another kitten from the same local hot spot. We found a brother for Sterling and we were ecstatic! Blaze (our little fireball 🔥) could fit in one of my hands at only 2 months old. From the moment we brought him home, Sterling wanted to kill him … BUT, slowly their two personalities started to become compatible and we are so thankful for that. 🙌
If you’ve brought multiple animals together, I’d love to know your “first encounter” story – Please share yours below (include your fur-babies names for fun!)
Why did I decide to become a Cat Mom?
Well, not only was it one of the best decisions I’ve ever made… It makes my heart happy for many reasons:
- Evening cuddles – I usually wake up in the mid-night hours to find both boys on my side of the bed snuggled in the comfy blankets.
- Chores are more fun – Whether I’m doing laundry or cleaning up the kitchen, they are both always so curious as to what I’m doing and why.
- Unconditional love – There have been moments in the last 4 years that only a kitten hug could cure. I’ve noticed that they are very aware of their owner’s emotions and try their hardest to cheer them up in these circumstances.
- Low-maintenance – Among all the animals that people can have as pets, cats are definitely one of the easiest to care for! Litter box ✔ Food ✔ Water ✔ — You are set!
- Diverse personalities – Sterling and Blaze are so different and so much alike at the same time. It’s amazing to watch them interact and grow closer every day. In some moments, their goofy personalities make me almost pee my pants. 😂 From begging for the dinner on our plates to sprinting around the house … because a fly got in, life is quite interesting with these two! By the way, we haven’t had a “fly problem” for about 4 years now.
For the many “animal” parents reading this very blog … What’s one thing you love about your pet?
Want to see more of these two hooligans?
Follow their Instagram Hashtag: #AdventuresOfBlazeAndSterling ✨🐈